Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Look what I got at stash swap

Last Wednesday at Knitting Meetup, we had what I consider a very successful stash swap. 17 people came, at least 12 people brought stuff to swap, and at least 15 people took stuff home. I, myself, contributed some needles, some scarf yarn from Michael's, some Rowan cotton and a magazine. I brought home these two lovely sets of.. what? possible felting projects? hats? I don't yet know:

img_0310     img_0312

One idea for the Jazz is this nice scalloped brim hat.. where the scalloping comes from the thick & thin nature of the yarn. Could make a pretty swell chemo cap! Any other ideas?

3 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Nice Yarn! (All but one used to live at my house, so I'm a bit biased). I found a few felted bag patterns that might work for the Jazz. The gauge isn't exactly the same, but with felting it doesn't have to be. Enjoy!

http://www.helloyarn.com/lopitote.htm

http://www.joann.com/content/projects/projectsDisplay.jhtml?articlePath=%2Fcontent%2Fprojects%2Fstatic%2Fnew%2Fknitted_felt_purse.jhtml&CATID=25293

http://www.knitkit.com/SpecialCompanion.htm

~ Christina

June 22, 2005 9:59 AM  
Blogger Wiz Knitter said...

Stash swap was fun! I think we should do it every year. I'll have to start buying more yarn if we do it more often than that, though!

I am loving "At Knit's End," and I'm almost done! I'll get that back to you shortly along with the Anny Blatt book.

June 29, 2005 11:57 AM  
Blogger adamwiz said...

I just asked MomCat if she would make some felted slippers. She said I should take some of the ones she'd already sent and felt them. You up for teaching felting, Spinnity?

July 08, 2005 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home