Sunday, July 10, 2005

How you like these buttons?

On Saturday, Wendy phoned from the streets of Cupertino for help. She had ridden her bike several miles to the last known location of 3 Beads and a Button and discovered, as I did about 6 months ago, that they are no longer where we left them. Apparently sometime in the past 2 years they moved about a mile west.

Using the Internet, I was able to tell Wendy the new location at Stevens Creek and De Anza. I decided to meet her there to hunt for buttons for Nearly-Finished-Objects - three of hers and one of mine. After digging through many, many vintage buttons stored at knee level, I bought 2 set of candidate buttons for the Fog Chaser jacket. Wendy found contenders for all three of her projects. Two Vietnamese sandwiches later, we were on our way back home.

So here are the candidate buttons and the body of Fog Chaser (click for bigger picture):

img_1768

Gold-edged, with purple centers and a slight feeling of irregularity. I like the way the square shape echos the seed stitch texture of the jacket. But even with buttons chosen, I don't think this NFO will be finished any time soon. I can't imagine working on this project just now... it's too dang summer to work on bulky mohair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home